I am facing a critical surgery to have a brain tumor removed and I may not live through it. I have offered to settle a $600 debt to Vericore for $200 before surgery.

They led me to believe they would do this and then never called me back and instead I am getting calls from my neighbors that this creditor is looking for us.

I know this is illegal and I now am looking for options.

I left the collector a firm message today but no response yet. Maybe I should start calling his neighbors and start a few rumors about him!

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 20, 2009.

Comments

Oh you silly ***!

Its completely within the rights of a collector to contact your neighbors :D

Just a little FYI sometimes its not within company policy to settle... Collectors want to help you so maybe they led you to believe they could settle cause they thought they actually could till their *** manager gets greedy and says no to the settlement... But most of the time debts can't be settled under 50% because the managers want more money for their team.

But yes its completely within a collectors rights to contact your neighbors, your 3rd cousin, your wifes father anyone who can get to you and pass on a message or number.

Come out come out wherever you are :)

Check out and search Vericore on youtube.com -- lots of good stuff on there about them.

oddfellow8